Job Title: Electropolisher
Job Description: Under moderate supervision, this position will electropolish and passivate formed metal products.
Other duties will include in-process inspection, pre-cleaning parts, racking/unracking parts, rinsing parts on production line, trafficking parts between departments.
Electropolisher must be extremely reliable, willing to accept regular overtime, and willing to work as a member of a team. This is a position in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Follows documented procedure for generating assigned production work daily
- Ensures electropolishing and passivation processes (quality, safety) are adhered to and not compromised.
- Identifies non-conforming product based on visual and/or dimensional inspection criteria
- Swiftly communicates quality and quantity issues to supervisors and/or co-workers
- Manually pre-cleans parts
- Documents in-process inspection results
- Monitors and take appropriate timely improvement action to meet quality and quantity expectations
- Monitors equipment to ensure that it is in proper working order. Recommends maintenance and repair if required.
- Transports in-process work between departments.
- Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards as required by law and company policy.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend written job instructions (in English) required.
- Must be able to accurately document processing notes
- Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and co-workers in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. regularly, safely, without assistance or difficulty
- Ability to climb stairs, reach and twist as needed
- Ability to use hand carts to move material and pull fully loaded pallet jacks
- Ability to remain on feet continuously throughout the work day
- Ability to use micrometer, microscope, gages, and other QC Tools preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings preferred
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience in electropolishing, plating, metal finishing strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision (must be able to see green), peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires a minimum of 20:40 vision with or without corrective lenses.
SALARY is based on experience
Please respond to this post or fill out an application at Advance Career Services, 292 North Main Street, Fall River, MA 02720. We are located on the 2nd floor of the Quequechan Club building. You can call for an appointment (508) 676-6300 or Walk-ins are welcome!